Packing your holiday bags is kind of like a sport. Your raring to go…onto a winner (because you are going on holiday after all) and you just want to reach the finish line. But then you get to the end and boom you realise you forgot to pack something and now it won’t fit. How annoying.
You unpack, frustrated and irritable and re-pack, trying to squeeze in the item that you totally forgot about.
Before you know it, the whole family are on top of the case trying to weigh it down whilst you use all your strength to pull the zip shut. "This isn’t fun" you think to yourself.
Fear not my bag packing friends! We can help you pack smart, so you never have one of those “ooooh nooooo I forgot to pack the….” moments and all you holiday packing needs are taken care of.
1. Firstly! Make a list of everything you need to pack. Don’t just start throwing the whole house, laundry basket included, into your suitcase. Think about it. What do you actually need for where you are going and seriously….you don’t need 10 pairs of shoes! So unload a couple of pairs. Lists rock! You can really evaluate what you need to take and have a good think. We’d suggest doing this about a week before you pack so you can add things on to the list as you remember.
2. As you pack, ensure you cross off what you have put into your luggage. That way you won’t double up. No one needs two jackets to go skiing do they?
3. Place all the big things in first and then put the smaller items rolled up around them. It’s a space saver and you will fit more into your bag. Savvy packing people! Treat your luggage case like a jigsaw, everything should fit snuggly.
4. You don’t need to take salon sized shampoo containers with you. They take up way too much room in your case and make it weigh as much as an elephant. Pour what you will need into some travel size containers you can buy from any chemist and voila! you will be set to go. A weight saving, space saving smart move. And your hair will still look great.
5. Going on a winter holiday and have lots of big items of clothing to pack? Big feather down jackets and fluffy woolly jumpers take up a lot of case room don’t they?! Why not use those great plastic vacuum bags and seal those space stealing items down into a fifth of their size! That way you can fit twenty fluffy jumpers in, as opposed to only one and you will be the trendiest fashionista on the slopes!
So there you have it folks…follow these tips and be forever the best packer in the world. You are now officially a pro-packer (this could actually be a sport) and will whip your suitcase into shape in no time. Now all that’s left to do is enjoy your holiday.