What am I consenting to?
What happens to the information you collect?
Any information you give us stays strictly in-house and we don’t share the information with outside sources. We maintain strict security over the information you give us, and use this information only for the purposes listed below:
- To send you information you have requested and to update you on the status of your information request.
- Occasionally, we may send you free promotional materials.
- We may use the information to monitor guest traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and design the layout of our websites.
What Information do you collect?
If you are interested in joining the WorldMark South Pacific Club family, you could complete an enquiry form to find out more about our club. The form contains contact information such as name, contact number and email address. We use this information to communicate with you.
Is your site secure?
Any page at www.wyndhamtimeshare.com that asks you for personal information is highly secure. Most browsers will show a lock icon in the bottom status bar on secure pages. Look for this icon on any web page that asks for your personal information. To further ensure your security, we use state-of-the-art SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect your personal information from unauthorised use.
Australian Privacy Principles
Wyndham collects information about you in one of the following manners:
- When you complete an entry form to one of its trade promotion lotteries such as “The Ultimate $30,000 Travel Giveaway by Wyndham Competition” at shopping centres, trade fairs, websites, or special events;
- When it purchases a data list from one of the many commercial list third party providers in Australia;
- When you attend one of Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific’s sales presentations;
- When you apply to be an Owner of WorldMark South Pacific Club;
- When you request information and/or services from WorldMark South Pacific Club or Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific;
- By way of referral from your friends or relatives who attended one of Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific’s sales presentations;
- When you become a permanent resident in a hotel or resort which is managed by Wyndham
The personal information Wyndham collects about you is reasonably necessary for one or more of Wyndham’s functions or activities. Information collected may include a combination of your: name, partner’s name, address, telephone and/or contact details, financial information, marital status, age or age group, occupation (and duration of employment), combined household income (range), whether you own or rent your home and your personal interests.
Once you enter into one of Wyndham’s trade promotion lottery draws, attend one of its sales presentations, apply to be an Owner of WorldMark South Pacific Club or apply for finance with our finance company, you are no longer anonymous to us.
The information Wyndham collects from you or about you and for which you have consented to its collection could be used for the following direct marketing purposes:
- To invite you to attend one of its sales presentations;
- To invite you to stay at one of its resorts and attend a sales presentation while you are there;
- To invite you to take part in any of its special promotions.
The information Wyndham collects from you when you become an Owner of WorldMark South Pacific Club is used for the purpose of providing Club services to you and for allowing you to use other services that you have consented to use.
From time to time Wyndham may disclose its database information (which may contain one or more pieces of personal information about you) for a fee to list brokers, list rental organisations, other organisations, related companies such as Wyndham World Wide or its subsidiaries and any third party who complies with the applicable Australian law, or a court /tribunal order when:
- It has your express or implied consent to disclose the information;
- It is necessary to disclose your information to provide the product or service you have requested; or
- It is legally and reasonably obliged to assist or co-operate with agencies performing law enforcement related activities in the performance of their functions; or
- If it’s a ‘permitted general situation’ or ‘permitted health situation’ as required by the Privacy Act.
In some cases this information will be sent to other companies overseas located in jurisdictions such as the United States, India, South Africa or the Philippines.
Any entry forms that you have completed are collected, stored and transported to our data entry centre in secure containers.
The information on the entry forms is then entered into our computer system. Only designated data entry staff have access to the entry forms. Once the data has been entered, the forms are then sent away for storage. The information stored in the computer system is password protected and only our direct marketing staff has access to and use of the information.
Information we have on you through the purchase of commercial lists is entered into our computer system, and again this information is password-protected and only limited staff have access to and use of them.
Information obtained when you become an Owner of WorldMark South Pacific Club is entered into a separate proprietary computer system, which is password protected, and only staff who are required to provide the services to you have access to and use of the information.
Information we have on you through referrals is entered into our computer system which is password protected, and only our Owner referral staff have access to and use of this information.
Where Wyndham has information which is no longer needed, or no longer required to be used under Australian Law, and it is not required by a court /tribunal, then reasonable steps to destroy or de identify the personal information will be taken .
Access to information
If you believe that Wyndham is holding personal information about you and you wish to access or correct it, please send a written request to Wyndham at the address indicated below. There may be a small charge if the information you requested takes time for us to provide to you. While Wyndham is happy to assist you within a reasonable period, Wyndham has the right to deny your request if it falls within one of the grounds stated in Principle 12 of the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you wish to have your personal information amended or to not receive direct marketing communications from Wyndham’s database, or wish to have your personal information removed from the database and you are not an Owner in the WorldMark South Pacific Club, you may do so by making a written request to Wyndham, except. Wyndham also has an obligation that all information collected is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant.
If you believe that there may have been possible breaches of your privacy, please write to Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific at the address indicated below, and Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific will endeavour to respond to you within 14 days of receipt of your complaint.
Requests, notices and correspondence
Please direct all requests, notices or correspondence to:
The Privacy Officer
C/- Customer Care Team
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific Pty Limited
Box 7493, Gold Coast MC QLD 9726
*Wyndham, may include one or more of the following companies:
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific Pty Limited, Wyndham Vacation Resorts South Pacific Limited, Finance by Wyndham Pty Ltd, Travel by Wyndham Pty Ltd. Resort Management by Wyndham Pty Ltd, Resort Hospitality by Wyndham Pty Ltd.